Face Coverings and Mask Usage at the Ranch
- A face covering, homemade mask or surgical mask is required by anyone who enters into the Village area of the Ranch.
- Anyone interacting with the Ranchers, staff or completing work at a Ranch property must complete the health check screening and wear a face covering or mask.
- All staff (not providing direct support) and Ranchers must wear a face covering or mask when interacting with any vendor, retail customer or wholesale customer.
- As of 11/10/2020, all staff providing direct support should wear a surgical or procedure mask.
- All vendors who come in contact with anyone on a Ranch property or who enter into a building, must complete the health check screening below and wear a face covering or mask.
- When visiting the Ranch to take part in a recreational activity, an agritourism release must be completed.
Vendor Health Screening
Onsite vendors must complete the following health screening, before entering any building or coming into contact with any staff, other than the coordinator of the visit.
- The coordinator must enter the reported data into the form below.
Volunteer Health Screening
Volunteers may only be in the Garden Center area of the Ranch ONLY. Volunteers must complete the screening, before entering any building or coming into contact with any staff, other than the coordinator of the visit.
- The information will be collected as part of the agritorism release that is standard for one time volunteers.
Interns and Long Term Volunteers
- Must be completed by interns and long term volunteers each week before starting their new workweek.
- Must be completed by interns and long term volunteers each day before starting their shift.
Health Check Screening
As of March 17, 2020: Each of the following groups must conduct a daily health screening when working, or are present onsite at a Ranch property.
- All DHR staff must complete the screening before beginning their workday. Absolutely no contact with Ranchers can occur until the screening is complete.
- Onsite vendors must complete the screening before entering any building or coming into contact with any staff, other than the coordinator of the visit. The coordinator must enter the reported data into the form below.
- Essential Visitors (as determined by the State) must complete the screening before entering any building. There are additional requirements for entering a residence.
- Ranchers who return to the Ranch after a “leave” must complete the screening before entering their home.
Types of Diagnostic COVID-19 Test
- Molecular PCR tests detect the presence of the virus's genetic material using a technique called reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction, or RT-PCR.
- For this test, a sample may be collected through a nasal or throat swab, or a saliva sample may be used. The sample is typically sent to a laboratory where coronavirus RNA (if present) is extracted from the sample and converted into DNA.
- Antigen tests detect specific proteins on the surface of the coronavirus. They are sometimes referred to as rapid diagnostic tests because it can take less than an hour to get the test results.
- Positive antigen test results are highly specific, meaning that if you test positive you are very likely to be infected.
Types of Tests Handout
Individual who are interested in completing a respite stay must understand and abide by the following:
- Receive a negative COVID-19 test within 24 hours of coming for a respite stay.
- Wear a mask when outside of their designated room for any length of time.
- Potentially pay an additional surcharge for cleaning supplies and PPE.