Throughout the years volunteers have truly helped create the Ranch you see today. From the barn raising to our annual poinsettia plantings; volunteers have partnered with us every step of the way.
As you might imagine, we have many opportunities, ranging from a few hours a month to a few hours on just one day — opportunities for just you or for a group you're a member of.
Whatever your area of expertise, your schedule or the size of your group 2 to 200+, there's a place for you on the Ranch.
We have 4 ways you can volunteer:
- Large Group Volunteer Opportunities – Ranch staff will work closely with a groups, to pair the interest and skill of their group to current needed projects. These project include painting, organizing, deep cleaning, building projects, groundskeeping, and a variety of other projects
- Day Volunteer Opportunities – An already scheduled events where small groups, or an individual can volunteer a few hours on a specific date
- Long Term Volunteering – An individual can volunteer a few hours, multiple days during the month
- Internships – We welcome students from a variety of disciplines to learn and practice here on the Ranch
We believe everyone can contribute and add value to our community. We want to learn about your interests, so we can match you with a meaningful volunteer experience. Each individual's time and talents can be used to further the mission of Down Home Ranch.
Training may be required depending upon the volunteer position available.
What Is My Next Step?
- If any of these opportunities excite you, we'd love to learn more about you.
- You can sign up online for day volunteer opportunities on our website.
- Or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Browse through our website and become familiar with Down Home Ranch.
- If you are interesting in volunteering longterm. Complete our Long Term Volunteer Application.
- Our volunteer coordinator will get in touch with you to discuss interest areas, availability and our current openings for volunteers.
- Shadow a veteran volunteer or staff member.
- Complete any additional training required for your volunteer placement.
- Approval! You'll be connected with your volunteer supervisor on the Ranch.
- Lastly the volunteer coordinator will have periodic check-ins with you and your supervisor to make sure things are going well.
Need to Sign the Volunteer Waiver?
For volunteers who already signed up for a Day Volunteer opportunity. You will be asked to completed an Agritorism Release no later than the morning of your volunteering.
- You can also access the online secure release here on our website
- If you have specific questions not answered, email email@example.com or call (512) 856-0128
“Some people say, ‘you have done so much out here at Down Home Ranch,' but of course we didn't. Jerry and I had a vision and other people built it.”
Judy Horton, Co-Founder of DHR