You can help the Ranch by teaching a class for the Ranchers, helping us grow our own food, cutting down trees to prevent wildfires or helping our Development Office with data entry or special events.
As you might imagine, we have many opportunities, ranging from a few hours a month to a few hours on just one day — opportunities for just you or for a group you're a member of. Whatever your area of expertise, your schedule or the size of your group, there's a place for you on the Ranch!
So, if you love the country lifestyle and also enjoy being around, working with and supporting people with disabilities, then send us an email at [email protected] and let us know how you'd enjoy helping us out.
We believe everyone can contribute and add value to our community. We want to learn about your interests, so we can match you with a meaningful volunteer experience. Each individual's time and talents can be used to further the mission of Down Home Ranch. Training may be required depending upon the volunteer position available.
“Some people say, ‘you have done so much out here at Down Home Ranch,' but of course we didn't. Jerry and I had a vision and other people built it.”
Judy Horton, Co-Founder of DHR
One Time Opportunities
One-time opportunities are great for corporate volunteering, scouting, schools, churches and other group.
- For volunteers who already signed up for a one time volunteer opportunity. You will be asked to completed an agritorism release the morning of your volunteering.
On the Ranch's COVID-19 page, you will find useful information to review.
Down Home Ranch partners with many Universities in Central Texas to provide a high quality learning experiences. Find the internship opportunity that is right for you.
Long Term Volunteering
Volunteers who give time consistently are greatly appreciated. There is opportunity to a set number of hours a week or a month. We ask for at least a 3 month commitment, but are flexible to meet your needs. Each of our programs have opportunities for you to choose from.
If any of these opportunities excite you, we'd love to learn more about you.
What Is My Next Step?
- Browse through our website and become familiar with Down Home Ranch.
- Complete our Volunteer Application Form.
- Our Volunteer Coordinator will get in touch with you to discuss interest areas, availability and our current openings for volunteers.
- Shadow a veteran volunteer or staff member.
- Complete any additional training required for your volunteer placement.
- Approval! You'll be connected with your Volunteer Coordinator on the Ranch.
- Complete periodic check-ins with your Volunteer Coordinator.