Summer Camp 2022
2022 Ranch Camp Sessions
- Session #1: June 5th – June 10th
- Session #2: June 12th – June 17th
- Session #3: June 19th – June 24th
- Session #4: June 26th – July 1st
- Session #5: July 3rd – July 8th
- Session #6: July 10th – July 15th
- Session #7: July 17th – July 22nd
- Session #8: July 24th – July 29th
At Ranch Camp we encourage adults with a range of cognitive disabilities, to come out to the country and enjoy our little slice of Texas. We are located 45 minutes east of Austin on Hwy 290.
Enjoy swimming in the 52′ pool, playing basketball, taking hikes, caring for animals or drop a line in the pond to see how quick a fish snatches the hook. Also, it wouldn't be summer in Texas if you didn't hear the cicada at dusk on a hot summer night. It’s everything summer camp should be – and so much more.
- Ranch Camp is focused on supporting adults 18 years and over, who are looking for a unique, safe and fun summer experience.
- We have ratios of 1 counselor to 5 campers, but usually have lower ratios with support of volunteers and other experienced staff.
- Ranch Camp is for Campers who enjoy group activities and the hustle and bustle of camp life.
- For the 2022 season, we are offering 55 spots in each of our 8 week-long sessions.
Sign up to be a Camper
- Email us with questions [email protected] or call (512) 856-0128 x 120
- Download an application and mail in yours today!
- You can learn more about COVID-19 camp protocol here.
- Early Bird (Sept 1 – Nov 30): $810
- Advanced (Dec 1 – Jan 18): $855
- Regular (After Jan 19): $900
- First time Camper (Sept 1 – July): $810
- Option #1: Full Payment at time of application
- Option #2: $50.00 application fee then 50% 2nd Friday in February and 50% 2nd Friday in March
- Option #3: $50.00 application fee then 50% 2nd Friday in April and 50% 2nd Friday in May
- Option #4: 3rd party Letter of Authorization (or Letter of Guarantee) submitted with the application; no need to send in an application fee.
How to Pay
- Payment is accepted by:
- mailing a check and money order to Down Home Ranch 20250 FM 619 Elgin, TX 78621
- email [email protected] and request to pay by online invoice
- billing an agency after camp is completed, such as your residential provider, Bluebonnet Trails Community Services, Tarrant County MHMR, Austin Travis County Integral Care, etc.
- Send in a Letter of Authorization (or Letter of Guarantee) with the Ranch Camp application.
Down Home Ranch is not accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA). Texas Medicaid waivers for respite will not cover camp.
The Ranch partners with organizations who serve people with disabilities to either cover the entire cost of camp, or subsidize the cost of camp for multiple people.
We also have the ability to do the same for individual campers on a case-by-case basis. Request more information if financial support is needed by emailing [email protected].
For Summer Camp 2021, the Ranch granted over $6,800 in campership funds to local organizations, families and individuals.
- Download and print a one page quick look summary about Ranch Camp to share with others.
- Ranch Camp FAQs.
- If you have specific questions not answered, email [email protected] or call (512) 856-0128 x120.
Stay Informed About Ranch Camp
Complete the Ranch Camp interest form to express interest in camp for yourself or a loved one.