At Ranch Camp we encourage adults with a range of other cognitive disabilities, to come out to the country and enjoy our little slice of Texas.
- Enjoy swimming in the 52′ pool, playing basketball, taking hikes, caring for animals or drop a line in the pond to see how quick a fish stanches the hook. Also, it wouldn't be summer in Texas if you didn't hear the cicada at dusk on a hot summer night.
- Ranch Camp is focused on supporting adults 18 years and over, who are looking for a unique, safe and fun summer experience.
- We have ratios of 1 counselor to 5 campers, but usually have lower ratios with support of volunteers and other experienced staff.
Sign up to be a Camper
Can you believe Camp is only a few months away? We are over 75% full and filling up fast. Complete your application today!
- (Regular) After Jan 19: $900
- (First time Camper) Sept 1 – Jun: $810
- 100% at time of application
- $50.00 application fee then 50% 2nd Friday in April and 50% 2nd Friday in May
- 3rd party Letter of Authorization (or Letter of Guarantee) submitted with the application.
How to Pay
- Payment is accepted by:
- mailing a check and money order to Down Home Ranch 20250 FM 619 Elgin, TX 78621
- credit card through our online store http://www.downhomeranch.org/payforcamp
Down Home Ranch is not accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA). Texas Medicaid waivers for respite will not cover camp.
The Ranch partners with organization who serve people with disabilities to either cover the entire cost of camp or subsidize the cost of camp for multiple people.
We also have the ability to do the same for individual campers on a case-by-case basis. Request more information if financial support is needed by emailing [email protected].
For Summer Camp 2021, the Ranch has already granted over $6,500 in campership funds to local organizations.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic the Ranch has learned a lot about how to keep Ranchers and staff safe. Our plan is to apply all of the safety and infection control measures we have learned to Ranch Camp.
We will be having six sessions of Camp with 20 Campers per week. The plan is to have four teams made up of five Campers each. Each team will be assigned to one of the four individual buildings we use for camp lodging.
Teams will pair up to make two co-ed groups that will be sharing socially distant camp fun the entire week. The two groups will have limited contact with one another, while taking part in all of the planned outdoor fun.
100% Risk Free Refund
We know choosing to attend camp this summer could be a difficult one with the current state of the world. The Ranch is offering a risk free refund.
- Let us know 30 days before your camp sessions starts that you won't be attending, and the Ranch will refund the paid amount – including your application fee.
- In the unlikely event the Ranch has to cancel camp, you will also receive a full refund.
Ranch Camp began in 1995 with two sessions: one for adults and one for teenagers.
Seeing as the Ranch was just in the beginning stages, we borrowed tents and cots from the Texas National Guard, rented a few port-a-potties, got together a trusting bunch of friends and their teenaged kids, and opened for business!
We went to Taylor,TX to swim, we fed the baby calves with bottles, fished at Harken’s pond, hunted for eggs, did drama and sing-a-longs around the campfire, and rounded up the donkeys when they got out of their pen.
That summer we served 23 campers in all, and agreed we’d never worked so hard, slept so little, or had so much fun.
The Campers agreed, and every year Ranch Camp grew, serving several hundred Campers through the years, living in comfortable, air-conditioned bunks and swimming in our own 52’ pool.
Give the Gift of Camp
Submit your application and fee before Jan 19th to receive a Count Down to Camp calendar, and the option to select from an assortment of Ranch made pop up cards – to mark a special occasion.
START OF RANCH CAMP
NEW SKILLS AND NEW FRIENDS
There will be lots of games, singing and dancing starting June 6th and continuing on through the six sessions of camp. For the 2021 season, we are offering 20 spots per week-long session. We offer so many opportunities to learn new skills and make new friends.
What fun we have! Every year we add more opportunities to the list. We take care of animals and learn how to fish. We swim, run races, toast marshmallows, paddle boats, go for hikes, put on plays, and sing camp songs. It’s everything summer camp should be – and so much more.
- Campers are 18+ years old and have a range of cognitive disabilities.
- Ranch Camp is for Campers who enjoy group activities and the hustle and bustle of camp life.
- Download and print a one page quick look summary about Ranch Camp to share with others.
- Ranch Camp FAQs.
- If you have specific questions not answered, email [email protected] or call (512) 856-0128 x120.
Stay Informed About Ranch Camp
Complete the Ranch Camp interest form to express interest in camp for yourself or a loved one.