At Ranch Camp we encourage youth and adults with a range of cognitive disabilities, to come out to the country and enjoy our little slice of Texas. We are located 45 minutes east of Austin on Hwy 290.
Enjoy swimming in the 52′ pool, playing basketball, taking hikes, caring for animals or drop a line in the pond to see how quick a fish snatches the hook. Also, it wouldn't be summer in Texas if you didn't hear the cicada at dusk on a hot summer night. It’s everything summer camp should be – and so much more.
Camp is an affordable, inclusive summer experience for teens and adults with cognitive disabilities and their families.
- Ranch Camp is great for youth and adults 13 years and over, who are looking for a unique, safe and fun camping experience.
- Average age of campers was was 34, with Campers ranging between 18 and 77.
- We aim to have ratios of 1 counselor to 4 campers, but never go higher than 1 counselor to 10 campers.
- Ranch Camp is for Campers who enjoy group activities and the hustle and bustle of camp life.
- Campers have a range of cognitive disabilities including Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Down syndrome, IDD and more.
- For the 2023 season, we are offering 30 spots in each of our 8 week-long sessions.
- If the camper receives services through a Local Intellectual and Development Disability Authority (LIDDA) formally known as MHMR; the cost of camp can be subsidized or covered 100%
- Session #1: June 4th – June 9th
- Session #2: June 11th – June 16th
- Session #3: June 18th – June 23rd
- Session #5: July 2nd – July 7th
- Session #6: July 9th – July 14th
- Session #7: July 16th – July 21st
- Session #8: July 23rd – July 28th
Adult sessions are for ages 18-99
- Session #4: June 25th – June 30th
Teen session is only for ages 13-17
Adult and Teen Sessions
Cost for Returning Campers
Cost for First-Time Campers
Sign up to be a Camper
- Email us with questions email@example.com or call (512) 856-0128 x 120
- Start your online application today!
- You can learn more about COVID-19 camp protocol here.
- Early Bird Discount (Sept 1 – Nov 30): $860
- Advanced Discount (Dec 1 – Jan 18): $915
- Regular (After Jan 19): $960
- First time Camper (Sept 1, 2021 – July 2022): $860
- Option #1: Full Payment at time of application
- Option #2: $50.00 application fee then 50% 2nd Friday in February and 50% 2nd Friday in March
- Option #3: $50.00 application fee then 50% 2nd Friday in April and 50% 2nd Friday in May
- Option #4: 3rd party Letter of Authorization (or Letter of Guarantee) submitted with the application; no need to send in an application fee.
How to Pay
- Payment is accepted by:
- mailing a check and money order to Down Home Ranch 20250 FM 619 Elgin, TX 78621
- pay through our online camp registration platform
- email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an online invoice that may be paid by online echeck or by credit card
- billing an agency after camp is completed, such as
- your residential provider
- Bluebonnet Trails Community Services
- MHMR of Tarrant County
- Austin Travis County Integral Care
- Send in a Letter of Authorization (or Letter of Guarantee) with the Ranch Camp application.
Down Home Ranch is not currently accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA). Texas Medicaid waivers for respite will not cover camp. We are currently working towards ACA accreditation for the 2023 season.
DHR partners with organizations who serve people with disabilities to either cover the entire cost of camp, or subsidize the cost of camp for multiple people.
We also have the ability to do the same for individual campers on a case-by-case basis through DHR Camperships. You can apply for financial assistance directly through this application.
For summer camp 2022, the Ranch granted over $24,000 in campership funds to local organizations, families and individuals to provide low cost options.
Interested in Working, Interning or Volunteering at Camp?
Head on over to this link to learn more about all of the amazing opportunities to share your time and passions with Campers during summer 2023!
Camper Family Survey
It is important we hear from you. Let us know your thoughts by taking our camper family survey
- Ranch Camp FAQs.
- General Camp Informational Flyer
- If you have specific questions not answered, email email@example.com or call (512) 856-0128 option 1.
- Did your Camper age out of Texas Lion's Camp or Elks Camp? We serve all ages 13+.
Stay Informed About Ranch Camp
Complete the Ranch Camp interest form to express interest in camp for yourself or a loved one.