Based on the requirements from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), all Down Home Ranch long-term volunteers and interns are required to be up-to-date on vaccinations for COVID-19. VIsit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date to learn how to be up-to-date on vaccinations for COVID-19.
Volunteers who give time consistently are greatly appreciated. There is an opportunity to a set number of hours a week or a month. We ask for at least a 3 month commitment, but are flexible to meet your needs. Take a moment to review each program summary below.
Come share their time and talent with Ranchers, Monday through Friday 9:00am-5:00pm. There are opportunities to conduct workshops or be part of our ongoing course schedule by developing and leading a weekly course for 12 weeks. Take advantage of being part of the Down Home Ranch community by sharing the things that interest you.
Would like volunteers to support Ranchers to have more individual and small group experiences in the community, af
Interested in weekend volunteering? Would you enjoy spending your time supporting staff and Ranchers? We have the perfect volunteer opportunity for you!
Come on out to the Ranch on Saturdays or Sundays to assist DHR's Direct Support Professionals (DSP's) with weekend activities with the Ranchers. From meal prepping and weekly chores to riding along for errands or playing games at home, every weekend volunteer shift will be a unique adventure.
Upon completing DHR's long-term volunteer onboarding you will work directly with the Volunteer Supervisor for the Residential Team to coordinate weekend volunteer shifts.
Greenhouse and Garden Program
Love to work with plants? DHR is looking for volunteers to help on a regular basis in the greenhouses. Volunteers will be working alongside our horticulture staff, helping with various tasks such as planting, watering, moving plants, packing orders, helping with deliveries and more! Depending on schedule and comfort level, there is an opportunity to work alongside Ranchers on the greenhouse team as well. Shifts are flexible between 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday. Some weekend options are also available.
Needs volunteers to help with farmers markets, festivals and other community events where DHR products could be sold. This position will include:
- Transporting goods and equipment from the ranch to the venue
- Setting up the booth space
- Selling of ranch goods, including collecting payment (credit card only) and bagging products
- Spreading the mission of DHR to all customers and guests
- Tear-down of booth and transporting all remaining goods and equipment back to DHR
Currently seeking weekday, daytime volunteers who can teach and assist Ranchers with their arts and crafts skills. This role would include working 1-on-1, or in groups, up to 10 Ranchers at a time, producing handcrafted projects that will be sold in our onsite gift shop, at local farmers markets and online in our Etsy store. By spending time giving these Ranchers instruction and guidance on their skills, not only will you enjoy your time but you will also be assisting the Ranchers in pursuing their entrepreneurial endeavors. Ideally, the volunteer would be able to commit at least two hours per week on a consistent basis.
If any of these opportunities excite you, we’d love to learn more about you and invite you to get started today by submitting a volunteer application. After completing your application, please email it to [email protected]. A staff member will contact you shortly thereafter to discuss open volunteer roles and the next steps regarding completing a background check.
WHAT IS MY NEXT STEP?
- If any of these opportunities excite you, we'd love to learn more about you; send us an email at [email protected]
- Browse through our website and become familiar with Down Home Ranch.
- Complete our Long Term Volunteer Application.
- Our Development department will get in touch with you to discuss interest areas, availability and our current openings for volunteers.
- Approval! You'll be connected with your volunteer supervisor on the Ranch.
- Lastly the Development department will have periodic check-ins with you and your supervisor to make sure things are going well.
- If you have specific questions not answered, email [email protected] or call (512) 856-0128