Volunteers who give time consistently are greatly appreciated. Long-term volunteers are welcome to set weekly or monthly hours and spend time serving at their convenience. Please take a moment to learn how volunteers can help throughout Down Home Ranch programming below.
Come share time and talent with Ranchers during Day Program, Monday through Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. There are opportunities to conduct workshops or be part of our ongoing course offerings by developing and leading a scheduled activity. Become a crucial part of the Down Home Ranch community by sharing your skills and passions!
Interested in weekend volunteering? Would you enjoy spending your time supporting staff and Ranchers? We have the perfect volunteer opportunity for you!
Come on out to the Ranch on Saturdays or Sundays to assist DHR's Direct Support Professionals (DSP's) with weekend activities with the Ranchers. From meal prepping and weekly chores to riding along for errands or playing games at home, every weekend volunteer shift will be a unique adventure.
Upon completing DHR's long-term volunteer onboarding you will work directly with the Volunteer Supervisor for the Residential Team to coordinate weekend volunteer shifts.
Greenhouse and Garden Program
Love to work with plants? DHR is looking for volunteers to help on a regular basis in our greenhouses. Volunteers will assist horticulture staff with various tasks such as planting, watering, moving plants, packing orders, deliveries and more! Depending on your schedule and comfort level, there is an opportunity to work alongside Ranchers on the greenhouse team as well. Shifts are available between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Our Enterprise team would love volunteers willing to help with farmer's markets, festivals, and other community events where DHR products are displayed and sold. Volunteer tasks may include, transporting goods and equipment, setting up booths, selling ranch goods, and most of all, spreading the mission!
Enterprise is also always on the lookout for weekday, daytime volunteers who can teach and assist Ranchers in arts and crafts. This role would include working with groups or individuals to produce handcrafted projects that will be sold by DHR artisans. By spending time sharing instruction and guidance, you will be assisting Ranchers in pursuing their entrepreneurial endeavors. Ideally, the volunteer would be able to commit at least two hours per week on a consistent basis.
If any of these opportunities excite you, we’d love to learn more about you and invite you to get started today by submitting a volunteer application. After completing your application, please email it to email@example.com. A staff member will connect with you as soon as possible to discuss open volunteer roles and the next steps regarding completing a background check.
WHAT IS MY NEXT STEP?
- If any of these opportunities excite you, we'd love to meet you. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Browse through our website and become familiar with Down Home Ranch.
- Complete our Long-Term Volunteer Application.
- Our volunteer coordinator will get in touch with you to discuss your interest, availability, and current volunteer opportunities.
- Please note the current requirements from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), that all Down Home Ranch long-term volunteers and interns are required to be up to date on vaccinations for Covid-19. Click Here to learn how to be up-to-date on vaccinations for Covid-19.
- Fill out the Covid-19 Attestation Form.
- Complete a TB Test screening (free of charge) with the assistance of our HR department.
- Lastly, our volunteer coordinator will schedule periodic check-ins with you and your supervisor to make sure all is well!