Individual Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers who give time consistently are greatly appreciated. There is opportunity to a set number of hours a week or a month.
We ask for at least a 3 month commitment, but are flexible to meet your needs. Take a moment to review each program summary below.
Come share their time and talent with Ranchers, Monday through Friday 9:00am-5:00pm. There is opportunity to conduct a one time workshop or be part of our ongoing course schedule, by developing and leading a weekly course for 12 weeks. Take advantage of being part of the Down Home Ranch community by sharing the things that interest you.
Would like volunteers to support Ranchers to have more individual and small group experiences in the community, after 5:00pm weekdays and anytime on weekends. During these times a volunteer might lead a game night here on the Ranch, provide transportation for a date night to go line dancing or check out the latest movie at a local theater. This flexible volunteer opportunity allows for volunteers who work typical job schedules to share their time, develop friendships and support Ranchers to have more typical experiences in the community.
Needs volunteers to help with farmers markets, festivals and other community events where DHR products could be sold. Currently, the highest need is for the Bastrop 1832 Market, every second Saturday of the month. This position will include:
- Transporting goods and equipment from the ranch to the venue
- Setting up the booth space
- Selling of ranch goods, including collecting payment (cash and credit) and bagging products
- Spreading the mission of DHR to all customers and guests
- Tear-down of booth and transporting all remaining goods and equipment back to DHR
Currently seeking weekday, daytime volunteers who can teach and assist Ranchers with their sewing skills. This role would include working with 1 or 2 Ranchers at a time while they work on producing handcrafted sewing projects that will be sold in our onsite gift shop, at local farmers markets and online in our Etsy store. By spending time giving these Ranchers instruction and guidance on their sewing skills, not only will you enjoy your time but you will also be assisting the Ranchers in pursuing their entrepreneurial endeavors. Ideally, the volunteer would be able to commit at least two hours per week on a consistent basis.
If any of these opportunities excite you, we’d love to learn more about you and invite you to get started today by submitting a volunteer application. After completing your application, please email it to [email protected]. A staff member will contact you shortly thereafter to discuss open volunteer roles and next steps regarding completing a background check.
WHAT IS MY NEXT STEP?
- If any of these opportunities excite you, we'd love to learn more about you; send us an email at [email protected]
- Browse through our website and become familiar with Down Home Ranch.
- If you are interesting in volunteering longterm. Complete our Long Term Volunteer Application.
- Our volunteer coordinator will get in touch with you to discuss interest areas, availability and our current openings for volunteers.
- Shadow a veteran volunteer or staff member.
- Complete any additional training required for your volunteer placement.
- Approval! You'll be connected with your volunteer supervisor on the Ranch.
- Lastly the volunteer coordinator will have periodic check-ins with you and your supervisor to make sure things are going well.
- If you have specific questions not answered, email [email protected] or call (512) 856-0128