The Dash n' Splash is a fresh take on DHR's beloved Swim Fest which has been an annual fundraiser since 2005. All proceeds will support stewardship of the DHR land, assist in serving more people with disabilities at Ranch Camp, make our outdoor spaces more accessible and inclusive and encourage outdoor recreation for all.
You don't have to be a runner to participate! There are many ways to show your support for this one-of-a-kind event:
- REGISTER TODAY! Simply visit downhomeranch.org/dashnsplash
- VOLUNTEER! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up
- SHOW UP TO SUPPORT! You are welcome to cheer on the participants and attend the after-party free of charge. DHR plants will be available to take home with a suggested donation price.
- DONATE! Support a fundraising event that has been promoting health and wellness for people with IDD since 2005 downhomeranch.org/donate
- BUY A RAFFLE TICKET! Raffle tickets are $20/each. Winners will be drawn on Saturday, June 4 at 130pm. You do not have to be present to win. Winners will be responsible for picking up their items at Down Home Ranch (20250 FM 619 Elgin, TX 78621). downhomeranch.org/dash-n-splash-raffle-items
Questions? We are here to help!
Kelly Clarke, Development Director – 512-856-0128 ext 129
Diana Daw, Development Coordinator – 512-856-0128 ext 132
On June 4, 2022, DHR is excited to host the first ever Dash n’ Splash Superstar Run in honor of Kayleigh and Sandy Williamson. Kayleigh’s inspiring story is one of courage, determination and commitment. In February 2022, Kayleigh made history when she became the first person with Down syndrome to complete all 26.2 miles of the Austin Marathon. Since 2017, she has completed over 14 half marathons, numerous races at other distances and published a children’s book, “It’s Cool To Be Me.” Currently, Kayleigh is training for the Boston Marathon in 2023. We are honored Kayleigh and her mom Sandy will be joining us for our first-ever Dash n’ Splash Superstar Run!
Superstar Run participants will have their choice of two scenic routes. A 1-mile paved loop around the DHR Village, perfect for walkers and casual racers, or a 5K loop for racers who are up for a challenge and enjoy the rugged terrain of trail running. Both race routes are guaranteed to take the racers on a memorable adventure around the beautiful DHR property! From wigs and tutus to superhero capes and everything in between, we encourage all participants to “Dress like the star you are” for this epic fun run!
Immediately after the Superstar Run there will be a free pool party complete with live music, food trucks and so much more! The Dash n’ Splash event will be a fun community event for all ages! We look forward to welcoming all of our families and friends to join us for this one-of-a-kind day at the Ranch!