Day Program will be closed from December 24 – January 2 due to the holidays. Normal operations will resume on January 3rd.
Supporting a Stronger Sense of Self through Habilitation
The Day Program at Down Home Ranch has always been a major part of our mission to elevate the lives of people with intellectual disabilities, but now you don’t have to live on the Ranch to participate!
Day Program is made up of many program areas that are focused on supporting a great life full of friendship, hard work, learning and happiness. We aim to create an empowering environment through access to opportunities, focusing on continuing education, volunteerism, vocational opportunities and community engagement. Our Monday through Friday Day Program schedule include everything from archery to yoga and plot gardening to money management. Check out the sample schedule below to get a glimpse into the life of someone in Day Program.
- 9:30 – 11:00am: Work
- 11:00am – Noon: Golf Cart Driving Lab
- Noon – 1:00pm: Lunch
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm: Book Club
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm: Free Swim
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm: Karaoke
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm: Dancing with the Ranchers
LET US KNOW YOU ARE INTERESTED
We do not currently have openings in Day Program. However, complete the online form below to express interest in the program for yourself or a loved one. Should new openings come about, you will be the first to know. Please be sure to read the DHR Privacy Practices to better understand how your personal information, submitted through this page, will be used.
As we have openings in our Day Program, we will complete the following together:
- Contact – Phone contact will be made to let you know there is an opening in Day Program.
- Tour – We will set up a time for yourself or loved one to come out to see the Ranch and meet the Ranchers.
- Paperwork – If the Day Program seems to be a good fit, we will give you an application along with a few other documents that will need to be completed.
- Trial – After completing the tour and paperwork, a 3-day trial is recommended. The trial is typically Wednesday through Friday 9:00am-5:00pm. We have seen great success in smooth transitions for those who take part in a trial experience.
- Enrollment – Based on the trial, we will notify yourself or your loved one of acceptance into Day Program.
How to pay for day program
- Private Pay
- Community First Choice – Day Habilitation
- Contracted rates through Home and Community Based Services (HCS) and Intermediate Care Facility (ICF/IDD) residential providers
- Contract General Revenue (GR) rates from the Local Intellectual Development Disability Authorities (LIDDA), such as Bluebonnet Trails Community Services and Integral Care
Down Home Ranch is in process of contracting to provide Community First Choice Employment Services.
- Private Pay is $35.00 per day
- Contracted rates range from $25.00-$35.00 per day
- Some activities may have an additional fee for entry
- There are courses that have supply fees, but are usually nominal
What days and times is Day Program open?: For individuals who are not residents of Down Home Ranch, Day Program is from 9:00am to 3:00pm Monday through Friday.
What if I need to stay at Day Program from 3:00pm to 5:00pm, is that possible?: It’s based on availability, but 3:00pm-5:00pm can be attended for an additional nominal fee per hour.
When is the Day Program closed?: On Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day, as well as the business day before and after both holidays. We are also closed for a week during our annual Down Home Ranch cruise which is typically the second or third week in January.
Do I need to bring a lunch?: You are more than welcome to bring your own lunch everyday. A nutritionally balanced lunch is served at noon Monday through Thursday for $3.00.
How will I know about activity cost?: The individual will be notified at least a week in advance of any activities that will have a fee.
How will I pay for lunches and activities?: A bill will be sent each month to the physical or email address on file. If payment is not received within 30 days of the due date, the individual may be discharged from services until payment is received in full.
How is it handled when someone is sick?: If an individual has a fever at or above 100.4 and/or has vomiting or diarrhea, it’s requested that the individual not attend Day Program until symptom free for at least 24 hours. If an illness develops during Day Program, contact will be made with the individual’s responsible party to coordinate pick up.
Day Program Mission: To create an empowering environment for adults with IDD, through access to opportunities towards the fulfillment of their best selves