The Day Program at Down Home Ranch has always been a major part of our mission to elevate the lives of people with intellectual disabilities, but now you don’t have to live on the Ranch to participate!
Day Program is made up of many program areas that are focused on supporting a great life full of friendship, hard work, learning and happiness. We aim to create an empowering environment through access to opportunities, focusing on continuing education, volunteerism, vocational opportunities and community engagement. Our Monday through Friday Day Program schedule include everything from archery to yoga and plot gardening to money management. Check out the sample schedule below to get a glimpse into the life of someone in Day Program.
- 9:30 – 11:00am: Work
- 11:00am – Noon: Golf Cart Driving Lab
- Noon – 1:00pm: Lunch
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm: Book Club
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm: Free Swim
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm: Karaoke
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm: Dancing with the Ranchers
LET US KNOW YOU ARE INTERESTED
We do not currently have openings in Day Program. However, complete the online form below to express interest in the program for yourself or a loved one. Should new openings come about, you will be the first to know.
As we have openings in our Day Program, we will complete the following together:
- Contact – Phone contact will be made to let you know there is an opening in Day Program.
- Tour – We will set up a time for yourself or loved one to come out to see the Ranch and meet the Ranchers.
- Paperwork – If the Day Program seems to be a good fit, we will give you an application along with a few other documents that will need to be completed.
- Trial – After completing the tour and paperwork, a 3-day trial is recommended. The trial is typically Wednesday through Friday 9:00am-5:00pm. We have seen great success in smooth transitions for those who take part in a trial experience.
- Enrollment – Based on the trial, we will notify yourself or your loved one of acceptance into Day Program.
How to pay for day program
We do accept private pay, contract funding through other IDD residential providers and contract funding from the Local Intellectual Development Disability Authorities (LIDDA), such as Bluebonnet Trails Community Services
Private Pay is $35.00 per day
Contracted rate accepted through General Revenue (GR), Home and Community Based Services (HCS), and Intermediate Care Facility (ICF/IDD) range from $21.00-$35.00 per day
There are some courses and activities that may have an additional nominal fee.
What days and times is Day Program open?
For individuals who are not residents of Down Home Ranch, Day Program is from 9:00am to 3:00pm Monday through Friday.
What if I need to stay at Day Program from 3:00pm to 5:00pm, is that possible?
It’s based on availability, but 3:00pm-5:00pm can be attended for an additional nominal fee per hour.
When is the Day Program closed?
On Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day, as well as the business day before and after both holidays. We are also closed for a week during our annual Down Home Ranch cruise which is typically the second or third week in January.
Do I need to bring a lunch?
You are more than welcome to bring your own lunch everyday, but Friday is the only day you need too. Monday through Thursday we serve a kitchen prepared lunch at no additional cost.