Summer Camp 2022
2022 Ranch Camp Sessions
- Session #1: June 5th – June 10th
- Session #2: June 12th – June 17th
- Session #3: June 19th – June 24th
- Session #4: June 26th – July 1st*
*Teen session is only for ages 13-17
- Session #5: July 3rd – July 8th
- Session #6: July 10th – July 15th
- Session #7: July 17th – July 22nd
- Session #8: July 24th – July 29th
At Ranch Camp we encourage youth and adults with a range of cognitive disabilities, to come out to the country and enjoy our little slice of Texas. We are located 45 minutes east of Austin on Hwy 290.
Enjoy swimming in the 52′ pool, playing basketball, taking hikes, caring for animals or drop a line in the pond to see how quick a fish snatches the hook. Also, it wouldn't be summer in Texas if you didn't hear the cicada at dusk on a hot summer night. It’s everything summer camp should be – and so much more.
- Ranch Camp is an affordable, inclusive summer experience for youth and adults 13 years and over, who are looking for a unique, safe and fun camping experience.
- Our average Camper age during the 2021 season was 34, with Campers ranging between 18 and 77.
- We have ratios of 1 counselor to 4 campers, but usually have lower ratios with the support of volunteers and other experienced staff.
- Ranch Camp is for Campers who enjoy group activities and the hustle and bustle of camp life.
- Campers have a range of cognitive disabilities including Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Down syndrome, IDD and more.
- For the 2022 season, we are offering 55 spots in each of our 8 week-long sessions.
- If the camper receives services through a Local Intellectual and Development Disability Authority (LIDDA) formally known as MHMR; the cost of camp can be subsidized or covered 100%
Sign up to be a Camper
- Email us with questions [email protected] or call (512) 856-0128 x 120
- Start your online application today!
- You can learn more about COVID-19 camp protocol here.
Early Bird Discount (Sept 1 – Nov 30): $810 Advanced Discount (Dec 1 – Jan 18): $855
- Regular (After Jan 19): $900
- First time Camper (Sept 1, 2021 – July 2022): $810
- Option #1: Full Payment at time of application
Option #2: $50.00 application fee then 50% 2nd Friday in February and 50% 2nd Friday in March
- Option #3: $50.00 application fee then 50% 2nd Friday in April and 50% 2nd Friday in May
- Option #4: 3rd party Letter of Authorization (or Letter of Guarantee) submitted with the application; no need to send in an application fee.
How to Pay
- Payment is accepted by:
- mailing a check and money order to Down Home Ranch 20250 FM 619 Elgin, TX 78621
- pay through our online camp registration platform
- email [email protected] to request an online invoice that may be paid by online echeck or by credit card
- billing an agency after camp is completed, such as
- your residential provider
- Bluebonnet Trails Community Services
- MHMR of Tarrant County
- Austin Travis County Integral Care
- Send in a Letter of Authorization (or Letter of Guarantee) with the Ranch Camp application.
Down Home Ranch is not currently accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA). Texas Medicaid waivers for respite will not cover camp. We are currently working towards ACA accreditation for the 2023 season.
DHR partners with organizations who serve people with disabilities to either cover the entire cost of camp, or subsidize the cost of camp for multiple people.
We also have the ability to do the same for individual campers on a case-by-case basis through DHR Camperships. You can apply for financial assistance directly through this application.
For Summer Camp 2021, the Ranch granted over $6,800 in campership funds to local organizations, families and individuals to provide low cost options.
Interested in Working, Interning or Volunteering at Camp?
Head on over to this link to learn more about all of the amazing opportunities to share your time and passions with Campers during summer 2022!
Camper Family Survey
It is important we hear from you. Let us know your thoughts by taking our camper family survey
- Ranch Camp FAQs.
- General Camp Informational Flyer
- Letter from Erin Flores, Camp & Retreat Program Manager
- If you have specific questions not answered, email [email protected] or call (512) 856-0128 x120.
- Did your Camper age out of Texas Lion's Camp or Elks Camp? We serve all ages 13+.
Stay Informed About Ranch Camp
Complete the Ranch Camp interest form to express interest in camp for yourself or a loved one.