CURRENT Individual VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Poinsettia Crop- We are currently recruiting volunteers to help raise the 2019 crop of poinsettias! If you are available on any of the days listed below, please directly email [email protected] to secure your volunteer spot.
- Poinsettia Packing:
- Monday, Dec 2 from 8am-Noon (10-15 people)
- Tuesday, Dec 3 from 8am-Noon (5-7 people)
- Thursday, Dec 19 from 8am-Noon (15-20 people)
- Friday, Dec 20 from 8am-Noon (15-20 people)
- Poinsettia Packing:
- Spring Planting – The beautiful blooms that adorn the DHR greenhouses each spring are carefully planted in the cold months of winter. We would love your help in making this happen! If you are available to help on any of the dates listed below, please directly email [email protected] to secure your volunteer spot.
- Thursday, Dec 19 from 1-5pm (15-20 people)
- Friday, Dec 20 from 1-5pm (15-20 people)
- Sunday, Dec 22 from 1-5pm (15-20 people)
Day Program is seeking volunteers to share their time and talent with Ranchers, Monday through Friday 9:00am-5:00pm. There is opportunity to conduct a one time workshop or be part of our ongoing course schedule, by developing and leading a weekly course for 12 weeks. Take advantage of being part of the Down Home Ranch community by sharing the things that interest you.
The Residential Program is seeking volunteers to support Ranchers to have more individual and small group experiences in the community, after 5:00pm weekdays and anytime on weekends. During these times a volunteer might lead a game night here on the Ranch, provide transportation for a date night to go line dancing or check out the latest movie at a local theater. This flexible volunteer opportunity allows for volunteers who work typical job schedules to share their time, develop friendships and support Ranchers to have more typical experiences in the community.
The Enterprise Program is seeking volunteers to help with farmers markets, festivals and other community events where DHR products could be sold. Currently, the highest need is for the Bastrop 1832 Market, every second Saturday of the month. This position will include:
- Transporting goods and equipment from the ranch to the venue
- Setting up the booth space
- Selling of ranch goods, including collecting payment (cash and credit) and bagging products
- Spreading the mission of DHR to all customers and guests
- Tear-down of booth and transporting all remaining goods and equipment back to DHR
The Production Department is currently seeking weekday, daytime volunteers who can teach and assist Ranchers with their sewing skills. This role would include working with 1 or 2 Ranchers at a time while they work on producing handcrafted sewing projects that will be sold in our onsite gift shop, at local farmers markets and online in our Etsy store. By spending time giving these Ranchers instruction and guidance on their sewing skills, not only will you enjoy your time but you will also be assisting the Ranchers in pursuing their entrepreneurial endeavors. Ideally, the volunteer would be able to commit at least two hours per week on a consistent basis.
If any of these opportunities excite you, we’d love to learn more about you and invite you to get started today by submitting a volunteer application. After completing your application, please email it to [email protected]. A staff member will contact you shortly thereafter to discuss open volunteer roles and next steps regarding completing a background check.