Current group volunteer opportunities
Throughout the years, group volunteers have truly helped create the Ranch you see today. From the barn raising to our annual poinsettia plantings, volunteer groups save the day for DHR! We hosted 23 different volunteer groups in 2017, including large corporate teams like Charles Schwab, Dell and TrueCar to local churches, scouting groups and service organizations. In total, 43 projects were completed last year thanks to group volunteers! Thank you to all who have served the Ranch in the past and welcome to those who are considering Down Home Ranch for your next volunteer project. Please take a look at the current needs below. The first section lists projects that we currently have all the supplies ready to go. In the next section, we list projects that, with a commitment from your group for supplies or a monetary donation, we hope to complete soon. No matter which project you choose, we always welcome you to bring any personal tools and supplies that you’d like to use while volunteering.
Once you find a project for your group that matches your abilities and skill-level, and are ready lend a helping hand, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page. Want to propose a project of your own? Email [email protected] with an outline of your project, your skills and qualifications and what’s needed from DHR to complete it. We’re always happy to look them over!
We look forward to hearing from (and hopefully seeing) you soon!
- Poinsettias – We are currently recruiting volunteers to help package the 2019 crop of poinsettias! If you are available to help on any of the dates listed below, please directly email [email protected] to secure your volunteer spot.
- Sunday, Dec 1 from 1-5pm (10-15 people)
- Tuesday, Dec 3 from 8am-Noon (5-7 people)
- Wednesday, Dec 4 from 8am-Noon (10-15 people)
- Thursday, Dec 5 from 8am-Noon (5-10 people)
- Friday, Dec 20 from 8am-Noon (15-20 people)
- Spring Planting – The beautiful blooms that adorn the DHR greenhouses each spring are carefully planted in the cold months of winter. We would love your help in making this happen! If you are available to help on any of the dates listed below, please directly email [email protected] to secure your volunteer spot.
- Thursday, Dec 19 from 1-5pm (15-20 people)
- Friday, Dec 20 from 1-5pm (15-20 people)
- Sunday, Dec 22 from 1-5pm (15-20 people)
Group Projects that DHR Provides All Materials:
- Pavilion: Entry way and doors, Media Room, Ranch Rooms, Dining Hall, Bathrooms and Kitchen Ceiling,
- Tube Fencing around front entrance and horse pen (includes grinding off rust, sanding, sealing and painting)
- Barn doors (must be repaired before painting)
- Village Light Posts
- Kayak Rack
- Community Center: Patio area, Games and movies
- Residential porches
- Community Center: Windows and Sideboards in the Bathrooms, Kitchen and break/sick room
- Poolhouse bathrooms
- Lodges, Bunkhouses and Cabins: Dust/Pledge all areas
- Pavilion: Windows, Sideboards and Dust/Pledge all areas
- Vehicles: wash outside of cars, vacuum inside and wash windows
- Greenhouses: Washing pots, cleaning warehouse, etc.
- Pool Shed over Pool Pump Equipment
- Floating Paddling Dock
- Various locations around the Ranch are in need of continuous mowing and weed eating (max of 10/group)
- Blackberry Patch and Greenhouses
- Pavilion Rock Areas
- Residential Village – Each home on the Ranch is in need of weeding and beautification of their flower beds
- Tree trimming around village lights and houses
- Other Projects
- Pressure wash various structures across the Ranch (max of 5/group)
- Remove Cattails from fishing pond
- Removing deadbolts from all doors and installing deadbolt covers
- Repair the mini horse pen – this entails pulling up existing posts and rails and replacing with new pre-cut wood
Group Projects that Require Group to Provide Materials (or equal monetary value):
- Trenching and installation of corrugated drains for Barn gutters (monetary value of $200-300 for rental of trencher)
- Stain campfire benches and basketball bleachers (group provides wood stain, monetary value of $160)
- Repair rotten fascia and repaint the Dock House (group provides hardy board and paint, monetary value of $300)
ready to jump in?
Fill out the form below and a DHR staff will be in contact shortly.