Current group volunteer opportunities
Throughout the years, group volunteers have truly helped create the Ranch you see today. From the barn raising to our annual poinsettia plantings, volunteer groups save the day for DHR! We hosted 23 different volunteer groups in 2017, including large corporate teams like Charles Schwab, Dell and TrueCar to local churches, scouting groups and service organizations. In total, 43 projects were completed last year thanks to group volunteers! Thank you to all who have served the Ranch in the past and welcome to those who are considering Down Home Ranch for your next volunteer project. Please take a look at the current needs below. The first section lists projects that we currently have all the supplies ready to go. In the next section, we list projects that, with a commitment from your group for supplies or a monetary donation, we hope to complete soon. No matter which project you choose, we always welcome you to bring any personal tools and supplies that you’d like to use while volunteering.
Once you find a project for your group that matches your abilities and skill-level, and are ready lend a helping hand, please fill out the form at the bottom of the page. Want to propose a project of your own? Email [email protected] with an outline of your project, your skills and qualifications and what’s needed from DHR to complete it. We’re always happy to look them over!
We look forward to hearing from (and hopefully seeing) you soon!
Group Projects that DHR Provides All Materials:
- Pavilion: Entry way and doors, Media Room, Ranch Rooms, Dining Hall, Bathrooms and Kitchen Ceiling,
- Tube Fencing around front entrance
- Split Post Fencing
- Village Light Posts
- Community Center: Patio area, Games and movies
- Residential porches
- Community Center: Windows and Sideboards in the Bathrooms, Kitchen and break/sick room
- Poolhouse: Bathrooms
- Lodges, Bunkhouses and Cabins: Dust/Pledge all areas
- Pavilion: Windows, Sideboards and Dust/Pledge all areas
- Greenhouse (structure was donated)
- Retaining Walls around Residential Village
- Pavilion: Rock Areas
- Blackberry Patch and Greenhouses
- Residential Village: Trim Trees
- Pond: Prune landscape
- Other Projects
- Pressure wash the pool house and finish painting walls
- Clear rain gutters on Rancher homes
- Dig ditches for fiber lines
- Fill the settled fiber ditches
- Pressure wash various structures across the Ranch
- Straighten the railroad ties to the Lodges
- Clear gravel around Pavilion parking lot
Group Projects that Require Group to Provide Materials (or equal monetary value):
- Redesigning and rebuilding the greenhouse floors (group pays for ground cover, monetary value of $400)
- Insulate the Spur Cabin (group provides insulation, monetary value of $500)
- Stain carports (group provides wood stain, monetary value of $160)
- Repair rotten fascia and repaint the Dock House (group provides pressure treated lumber and paint, monetary value of $250)
ready to jump in?
Fill out the form below and a DHR staff will be in contact shortly.