20250 FM 619 Road, Elgin, TX
Salary: $337.00 to $435.00 /week
Ranch Camp Counselor
Range $337 – $435 per week depending upon position and experience.
The Camp Counselor is a seasonal non-exempt position, staying on the Ranch throughout camp and reports directly to the Camp Director. The Counselor supports adults with a variety of disabilities in having a fun and engaging summer camp experience.
- At least 1 year of camp experience or otherwise years of higher education can be substituted equally
- Experience in planning and implementing activities that encourage the physical, cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual functioning of adults with disabilities
- Minimum age of 18; excellent driving record and able to pass extensive background investigation
- General understanding of positive behavior support
- Team player; willing to take on an increased level of responsibility and leadership while accepting supervision and following established chain of command
- Able to maintain confidentiality under requirements of the HIPAA statutes
- Develop and implement activities that are of value to campers
- Maintain a positive, outgoing, and excited attitude when supporting campers
- Provide supervision to campers during self-hygiene, eating, toileting, bathing, dressing, skin care, etc.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the special needs of assigned campers
- Visit with parents/caregivers and be prepared to answer any questions regarding care of assigned campers
- Oversee the packing and cleaning duties of assigned area at the end of each day
- Promptly complete assigned work projects as needed during camp in a team atmosphere
- Ensure campers are appropriately prepared and supervised for all camp activities
- Work closely with other staff of Down Home Ranch in a professional manner
- Work in accordance with the policies and procedures for programming as written in the Down Home Ranch employee handbook and other guidance given during orientation
- Serve as a resource expert for assigned activities
- Complete documentation as required by the Camp Director and medical staff
- Other duties as assigned
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Flat rate pay paid every two weeks
- Access to Ranch facilities and amenities
- Housing and utilities
WORK SCHEDULE & HOLIDAYS
- Work schedule consists of supporting campers during the hours of camp, which includes alternating mornings, afternoon and evenings shifts.
- Schedule and hours will be adjusted according to needs of Down Home Ranch as determined by the Camp Director
This Position Description is effective April 11, 2018 and supersedes all previously published materials and postings. Down Home Ranch provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons, and does not unlawfully discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.