Elgin, TX 78621
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour
PART TIME; NON EXEMPT
The Program Specialist is a non-exempt hourly flexible part time direct support position located in the Day Program, reporting to the Program Manager and supervised by the Day Program Supervisor. The Specialist participates in all aspects of the Day Program, including providing transportation, ensuring safety and wellbeing, identifying and conducting activities of interest that are goal oriented with the individuals who are provided services. The Specialist supports the mission of Down Home Ranch by supporting individuals to have access to community while developing personal interest and hobbies. The Specialist will join with other professionals in a high-level commitment to provide a meaningful day and a high quality of life to the individuals being served.
Typical work schedule is Monday through Friday 9am-1pm or 1-5pm; schedule and hours will be adjusted according to the needs of Down Home Ranch.
Eligible for full time benefits.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Implements the goals of Day Program
- Assists with the development and implementation of educational, volunteerism, community engagement, and vocational goals for the individuals being served
- Is aware of the requirement for documentation, and is able to manage these requirements effectively
- Enhances the ability for individual to lead a self-determined life by proving the support and information necessary to build self-esteem, assertiveness and to make decisions
- Knowledge of formal and informal assessment practices to respond to individual’s needs, desires and interest
- Promotes health and wellness of all individuals supported
- Understands individual service planning and person-centered planning process
- Provides ongoing evaluation of programing to show progress towards individual goals
- Serves as an instructor for scheduled classes and activities
- Provides transportation and ensures vehicles are clean and well-kept
- Creates and plans curriculum as requested
- Ability to identify an individual’s interests, strengths, skills, abilities, and unique barriers, while developing enterprise offerings
- Provides guidance and supervision to assigned volunteers
- Attends staff meetings, cross functional committees, workshops and trainings
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum age of 21; excellent driving record and able to pass extensive background investigation
- High School diploma or equivalent
- History of supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities or other vulnerable populations
- Provides excellent customer service
- History of supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities or other vulnerable population
- Completes work with a high degree of autonomy
- Ability to bring others together and reconcile differences
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building
- Detail-oriented, works well under pressure, takes initiative to solve problems, meets deadlines
- Reads and complies with all company policies and procedures, such as in the Down Home Ranch Employee Handbook.
- Able to write and prepare documentation and reports, as requested.
- Experience with data entry into an electronic medical record or database
- Maintain confidentiality under requirements of the HIPAA statutes
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate to employees at all levels of the organization
- Team player with ability to coordinate and work closely with others
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Capable of stooping, kneeling, sitting and bending
- Able to stand for long periods
- Able to maintain confidentiality under requirements of the HIPAA statutes
DHR has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and DHR reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as DHR may deem appropriate.
Employee Signature Date