Salary: $337.00 to $435.00 /week
The Camp Counselor is a temporary stipend compensated position direct support position located in Enterprise, reporting to the Camp Director. The Counselor is responsible for providing competent supervision and attention while campers are under their care. The Counselor supports the mission of Down Home Ranch by providing an atmosphere where people with disabilities can have new experiences, gain skills and build relationships in a fun safe environment. The Counselor will join with other staff in a high-level commitment to provide an excellent quality of life for the individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities served through Ranch programming.
Typical work schedule is Sunday through Friday
This position is expected to be filled for the month of June.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Implements the goals of Enterprise
- Maintain a positive, outgoing, and excited attitude when supporting campers
- Provide supervision to campers during self-hygiene, eating, toileting, bathing, dressing, skin care, etc.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the special needs of assigned campers
- Visit with parents/caregivers and be prepared to answer any questions regarding care of assigned campers
- Oversee the packing and cleaning duties of assigned area at the end of each day
- Promptly complete assigned work projects as needed during camp
- Ensure campers are appropriately prepared and supervised for all camp activities
- Enhances the ability for individual to lead a self-determined life by providing the support and information necessary to build self-esteem, assertiveness and to make decisions
- Promotes health and wellness of all individuals supported
- Serve as a resource expert for assigned activities
- Is aware of the requirement for documentation, and is able to manage these requirements effectively
- Attends staff meetings, cross functional committees, workshops and training
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum age of 18; excellent driving record and able to pass extensive background investigation
- If aged 20 and under, abiding by the policy of not driving a ranch vehicle on or off property
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Comfortable working closely with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities or other vulnerable populations
- Completes work with a high degree of autonomy
- Creates and plan activities as requested
- Lives on the Ranch in employment contingent housing
- Sleeping arrangements are in the common area
- Provides excellent customer service
- Ability to bring others together and reconcile differences
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building
- Detail-oriented, works well under pressure, takes initiative to solve problems, meets deadlines
- Reads and complies with all company policies and procedures, such as in the Down Home Ranch Employee Handbook.
- Able to write and prepare documentation and reports, as requested.
- Experience and comfortable with business software
- Maintain confidentiality under requirements of the HIPAA statutes
- Good communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate with others
- Team player with ability to coordinate and work closely with others
DHR has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and DHR reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as DHR may deem appropriate.
Apply today at https://www.downhomeranch.org/ranch-camp-opportunities/#jobs