2021 Ranch Camp Sessions
- Session #1: June 6th – June 11th
- Session #2: June 13th – June 18th
- Session #3: June 20th – June 25th
- Session #4: June 27th – July 2nd
- Session #5: July 4th – July 9th
- Session #6: July 11th – July 16th
At Ranch Camp we encourage adults with a range of cognitive disabilities, to come out to the country and enjoy our little slice of Texas. We are located 45 minutes east of Austin on Hwy 290.
Enjoy swimming in the 52′ pool, playing basketball, taking hikes, caring for animals or drop a line in the pond to see how quick a fish snatches the hook. Also, it wouldn't be summer in Texas if you didn't hear the cicada at dusk on a hot summer night. It’s everything summer camp should be – and so much more.
- Ranch Camp is focused on supporting adults 18 years and over, who are looking for a unique, safe and fun summer experience.
- We have ratios of 1 counselor to 5 campers, but usually have lower ratios with support of volunteers and other experienced staff.
- Ranch Camp is for Campers who enjoy group activities and the hustle and bustle of camp life.
- For the 2021 season, we are offering 20 spots for 6 week-long sessions.
Sign up to be a Camper
Can you believe Camp is only a few months away?
We are now on a waitlist for Ranch Camp
Go ahead and send in your application, we will let you know if a session opens!
If the camper has paid a deposit, and is not accepted into camp; a refunded will be issued by the end of July 2021.
You can learn more about COVID-19 camp protocol here.
- (Regular) After Jan 19: $900
- (First time Camper) Sept 1 – Jun: $810
- 100% at time of application
- $50.00 application fee then 100% the 2nd Friday in May
- 3rd party Letter of Authorization (or Letter of Guarantee) submitted with the application; no need to send in an application fee.
How to Pay
- Payment is accepted by:
- mailing a check and money order to Down Home Ranch 20250 FM 619 Elgin, TX 78621
- credit card through our online store http://www.downhomeranch.org/payforcamp
- billing an agency after camp is completed, such as your residential provider, Bluebonnet Trails Community Services, Tarrant County MHMR, Austin Travis County Integral Care, etc.
- Send in a Letter of Authorization (or Letter of Guarantee) with the Ranch Camp application.
Down Home Ranch is not accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA). Texas Medicaid waivers for respite will not cover camp.
100% Risk Free Refund
We know choosing to attend camp this summer could be a difficult one with the current state of the world. The Ranch is offering a risk free refund.
- Let us know 30 days before your camp sessions starts that you won't be attending, and the Ranch will refund the paid amount – including your application fee.
- In the unlikely event the Ranch has to cancel camp, you will also receive a full refund.
The Ranch partners with organization who serve people with disabilities to either cover the entire cost of camp, or subsidize the cost of camp for multiple people.
We also have the ability to do the same for individual campers on a case-by-case basis. Request more information if financial support is needed by emailing [email protected].
For Summer Camp 2021, the Ranch has already granted over $6,500 in campership funds to local organizations.
Count Down to Camp!
Submit your application and pay online to receive a Count Down to Camp calendar.
- Download and print a one page quick look summary about Ranch Camp to share with others.
- Ranch Camp FAQs.
- If you have specific questions not answered, email [email protected] or call (512) 856-0128 x120.
Stay Informed About Ranch Camp
Complete the Ranch Camp interest form to express interest in camp for yourself or a loved one.