Ready for Summer 2021!
Having to cancel summer camp 2020 was an absolute disappointment.
However, we did not let that little bump in the road keep us down too long. We started planning for Ranch Camp 2021 right away to make it safer and just as fun!
We have learned a ton about how to make camp safe for summer 2021.
At the end of October we decided to increase camp from three weeks to six. Increasing the number of weeks means only 20 campers a week on our little slice of Texas.
By reducing the number of campers in each week, we will meet the currently established capacity and social distancing requirements.
The great news is we will still be able to give 120 people a summer experience full of fun, friendship and the occasional s’more.
We have plans to increase disinfecting of high touch surfaces, have small groups of campers participate in activities to limit overlap, increased infection control training for camp counselors, and the list goes on.
Of course, we don’t know what the next few months will bring, but we are ready to adapt.
June 6th – 11th
Check-in starts Sunday at 4:00pm
Closing ceremony is Friday at 11:00am
100% Risk Free Refund
We know choosing to attend camp this summer could be a difficult one with the current state of the world. The Ranch is offering a risk free refund.
- Let us know 30 days before your camp sessions starts that you won't be attending, and the Ranch will refund the paid amount – including your application fee.
- In the unlikely event the Ranch has to cancel camp, you will also receive a full refund.
The application and fee must be received or postmarked by the dates below:
(Early bird) Sept 1 – Nov 30: $810 (Advanced) Dec 1 – Jan 18: $855
- (Regular) After Jan 19: $900
- (First time Camper) Sept 1 – Jun: $810
Be a Camper
Cost of Camp
This is how much Ranch Camp costs per Camper
What You Pay
Thanks to supporters of the Ranch, we are able to offer all the fun at a reduced cost
Are there Camperships?
Camperships are granted on a case-by-case basis
Request more information if financial support is needed by emailing [email protected]
Give the Gift of Camp
Submit your application and fee before Jan 19th to receive a Count Down to Camp calendar, and the option to select from an assortment of Ranch made pop up cards – to mark a special occasion.
Paying for Camp
Payment is accepted by check and money order, or through our website by credit card.
Options for payment
- 100% at time of application
- $50.00 application fee then 50% 2nd Friday in February and 50% 2nd Friday in March
- $50.00 application fee then 50% 2nd Friday in April and 50% 2nd Friday in May
- $50.00 application fee then 3rd party Letter of Authorization (or Letter of Guarantee) submitted with the application.
Down Home Ranch is not accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA). Medicaid waivers for respite will not cover camp.
START OF RANCH CAMP
Ranch Camp began in 1995 with two sessions: one for adults and one for teenagers.
Seeing as the Ranch was just in the beginning stages, we borrowed tents and cots from the Texas National Guard, rented a few port-a-potties, got together a trusting bunch of friends and their teenaged kids, and opened for business!
We went to Taylor,TX to swim, we fed the baby calves with bottles, fished at Harken’s pond, hunted for eggs, did drama and sing-a-longs around the campfire, and rounded up the donkeys when they got out of their pen.
That summer we served 23 campers in all, and agreed we’d never worked so hard, slept so little, or had so much fun.
The Campers agreed, and every year Ranch Camp grew, serving several hundred Campers through the years, living in comfortable, air-conditioned bunks and swimming in our own 52’ pool.
NEW SKILLS AND NEW FRIENDS
There will be lots of games, singing and dancing starting June 6th and continuing on through the six sessions of camp. For the 2021 season, we are offering 20 spots per week-long session. We offer so many opportunities to learn new skills and make new friends.
What fun we have! Every year we add more opportunities to the list. We take care of animals and learn how to fish. We swim, run races, toast marshmallows, paddle boats, go for hikes, put on plays, and sing camp songs. It’s everything summer camp should be – and so much more.
- Campers are 18+ years old and have a range of cognitive disabilities.
- Ranch Camp is for Campers who enjoy group activities and the hustle and bustle of camp life.
- Download and print a one page quick look summary about Ranch Camp to share with others.
- Ranch Camp FAQs.
- If you have specific questions not answered, email [email protected] or call (512) 856-0128 x120.
Stay Informed About Ranch Camp
Complete the Ranch Camp interest form to express interest in camp for yourself or a loved one.