Swim Fest 2017
You don’t want to miss Swim Fest this year! We have new teams and a brand new schedule of events!
Swim Fest will be held on June 10, 2017 at the Down Home Ranch Swim Center and Pavilion
Swim Fest is a FUN event where our Ranchers get to show off their skills by competing for various prizes and awards: (1) which of our teams can swim the most laps (2) fastest female and male swimmer (3) which of our teams can walk the most laps in the pool (for our non-swimmers).
Why should you help?
- Swim Fest raises much-needed funds for adults with intellectual disabilities, but most importantly, Swim Fest raises spirits and excites our Ranchers about living a healthy lifestyle!
- Funds raised provide vocational training, meaningful opportunities, and overall supports a higher quality of life for adults with special needs!
- You will be sending our very own Special Olympians to golf, kayak, bowling, aquatics, track and field, and other competitions
- Fund attendance at the National Down Syndrome Congress Conference each summer for those with Down Syndrome
- Fund attendance at the Texas Advocates Convention for those not attending the NDSC Conference
- Purchase and maintain fitness and recreational equipment
- Take courses at UT specially tailored for adults with intellectual disabilities
- Support Ranch AIR — our “Artist In Residence” program
- Fund Meet-Ups with UT Best Buddies, Catholic Aggies and others
- Give Ranchers (residents with intellectual disabilities) a well-deserved vacation!
- Swimming is FUN!
** CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION TODAY: Swim Fest 2017 **
Schedule of events:
• 10am – Opening Ceremony
• 10:30–11:30am – Competition
• 12pm – Lunch served in the Pavilion (Menu pending)
• 12:30pm – Awards Ceremony
• 1:00p-3:00pm – “Field Day Fun”
-Indoor and Outdoor Activities for all ages!
-Open Swim Available
-Music and Games
**Team pictures to come**
~Dashing Dolphins: Sterling, Kelly, Rebekah, Cody, Kristen, John, Aaron, Valerie (Charles) ~
~Proud Piranhas: Sonya, Robert, Alan, Andrew, Kyle, Alaina, Julia ~
~Outstanding Orcas: Travis, Jim, Eliza, Chris, Terry, Sarah, Neil, (Clyde), (Ashley) ~
~Stealthy Sharks: Mark, Mike, Brian, Crystal, Karri, Tom, Matt, King ~
~Brave Barracudas: Jay, Alex, David, Natalie, Morgan, Michael, Jason, Orin ~
**Please RSVP by May 26 to Laura by calling 512-856-0128 or email her at [email protected]**
“Building your character one stroke at a time!”
** CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION TODAY: SWIM FEST 2017 **
For the first time EVER we have Swim Fest 2017 T-shirts for sale for $15 (plus tax)